Wednesday, March 14, 2012

1st Birthday

(3rd cake with your family in Louisiana!)
(second cake at your TX birthday with crawfish)
(Cake 1 celebrating with just Mom and Dad on your Birthday)


Emery, my precious little miracle...you are 1 today. We've been singing you Happy Birthday for days and trying to teach you to blow out your candle. However it comes out more like a zerbert than an actual blow! LOL! You are too funny little one.

When you woke up this morning I couldn't help but sing to you and tell you over and over how happy I am that you are here with us. We went shopping for your party this weekend, a crawfish boil in honor of you! Minnie mouse is your theme and your Nanny made you a beautiful dress to go along with it. Because you will have another party in VP at the end of the month with your family!

Everyone loves you so much and you got many presents and cards today in the mail. You love opening the paper and then trying to eat it. And lots of people called and texted and sent you messages on Facebook to celebrate your birthday with you!

In the last year you have grown and your personality is starting to shine through. You are a determined girl. Even when you get frustrated you don't give up. You may put it aside after fuming but then eventually you go back to it and try your best to learn. You are down to 1 bottle in the morning when you wake up, with milk and very little formula. And food, you eat just about everything. You love shrimp, cantaloupe, grapes, peanut butter and today we learned you love cake! You can crawl so fast that I think the reason you don't walk yet is because you can get across a house in seconds! Your words are coming..so far you have Dad-dee, Mom-mma, Da (dog), Ti (tiger), duck-duck, sometimes it sounds like you say "got it". You can make sounds when we ask for them...duck (quack), dog (ah-mah), cow (mooooo), tiger (roar). And you can point out some of your body parts...belly (you take both hands and pat your belly), Feet (you grab them or stomp them), hair (you pull it), ears (you start in your hair and work down), you can close your eyes and make pretty eyes, you can open your mouth (and stick out your tongue) and today you started reaching for your booty when I said where's your booty! LOL!
You stand and cruise the furniture and you use your toys to walk. But you won't let go and if you do you slowly sit down. We know you can stand and balance, we've seen you do it, but you just aren't ready for it all. So its for split seconds before boom down you go!

Daddy and I got you a cake today to celebrate your birthday. At first you didn't know what it was. Then you tasted it. You thought it was so good that you went crazy smashing it all over your highchair and picking it up in handfuls and and eating it. When you were done it was everywhere, including on me and Daddy, on the dog and the wall too! We loved celebrating with you.

I cannot believe a year has come and gone. You are still small for your age but right there in milestones. I love you more than life itself. I already miss the nights you fell asleep on me. I miss having you sleep in the bassinet next to me. I miss rocking you to sleep. I love that you sleep through the night and that you are very independent, but still so loving and sweet. You will hug and kiss us (lots of slobber and open mouth!). And you will hug your stuffed dolls and say "awww". But you can play on your own with your toys. You love this show called "brainy baby" oh yeah you can say "baby", because it has lots of babies on it and shows little spurts of information.
I love you my darling little miracle. After all the trials to conceive you, all the pain, all the heartache in wanting you and the thoughts that maybe we would never have you...we do have you and you are nothing short of perfect. I cannot imagine my life without you in it. Some nights I wake up and just go in your room and cover you, just so I can be close to you.

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY!!

No comments: