Saturday, June 30, 2012

Talking and Walking

Miss Emmie is toddling around the house now. She doesn't fully walk all the time, but she does walk way more than a few weeks ago. However it is nothing like I heard, "one day she will just stand up and walk", "maybe she will just start running" and my favorite "it will be on her time". Well it is on her time, do NOT demand Emery to do anything. She will let you know that she will not do it and it will be followed with a no, no, NO! She has a mind of her own and is very head strong. Which we have known for quite a while if you've been reading about her in this blog! So it's steps here and there and she still doesn't know what to do with her arms so they fly all over the place while she bounces around. Then she falls on her booty and crawls again. But she is doing it. Her own way. Slower than I hoped for but still happening! Like Mother, Like Daughter. Emery is a talker. She will babble up a storm when she wants something or wants to "tell" us something. Though most of the time you will have no idea what she is saying. But it's ok and she makes hysterical faces like she means business! She does speak words though. We have Mom (not momma unless she hurts herself), Daddeeee (oh does she LOVE Daddy!), Dahg (Sammy the Wonder Mutt, Dog), Fow-leer (Flower), Duck, Most animal sounds including Alligator and Crawfish (do you know an alligator sounds like a snake and the crawfish screams as performed by Emery), Gott dit (got it), Choose (shoes), Scoks (socks), Sh-it (sit, yes super funny), Bubble, Ball, Ba-Looon (balloon), Dellie (Ellie the Elephant), Ti (Tiger), Bundy (bunny), Mi (mimi), Pop (Poppa), dub wue (love you) and more that I am forgetting I am sure. She signs a lot of words too...Momma, Daddy, more, eat, drink, milk, please (oh she says pwease), Thank you (she say tank wue), signs for Grandparents, bird, tv (yes OMG! But its video she doesn't know the difference yet), Together (due to the song the more we get together) and more! So she is a communicator. Probally why it took so long for her to walk! She has too much to say. We are slowly dropping down to 1 nap a day. And by 7:30pm, she is freaking out and ready for bed. Now if only that 1 nap would be 2-3 hours and not 1...that would help Momma a lot! She does however still sleep 12 hours at night. So it's great at night! We joined a Mommy & Me play group and hope to have many play dates coming up soon! Since we are losing some our best friends to another city. This makes me so sad. I hate that we all have to move away. It's been hard to have this happen in my life and I hate for Emery to have to lose friends (well not lose but have them move away). Since I grew up with my whole family and friends never more than 20 mins away, I cannot imagine Emery's life with family and friends so far away. But c'est la vie...this is the life we are handed and we will deal with it the best we can! Lastly more travel coming up...back to Louisiana to visit family and friends. I am so ready for some great seafood and relaxing in our family's homes and arms!

No comments: