Potty training will be starting this summer. After being told when she "poo poos" more times than none, I really feel it’s getting close to the time of, hey you, sit on the pot and go. Plus diapers are gross. I've seen and cleaned enough poop in the last two years. So we got Emery a potty and a potty seat and will be starting her soon. I am thinking a week of panties and going to the potty every 30 mins will be a good jumping point!
About infertility, having a baby and raising that little one. Along with some ramblings.
Thursday, February 21, 2013
23 months
Emery has developed quite the vocabulary in the past few weeks. Words that include NO, MINE and I WANT...and now they have turned into sentences. Most recently I was told, "Mom, I need ELMO. Turn it on."
Ok I get it; the terrible twos are starting, a bit early. However I don't think I was ready for pre-teen attitude along with the temper tantrums. We started time out a few months ago, which included stints of time out even in Disney World, and they really seem to help. But it sure doesn't help when it comes to eating. STILL! I don't get how a kid can't tell if she's hungry or not. Look I know that Toddlers have food jags and food aversions. I even understand when they have I don't want to eat times. But when you are constantly asking "did she eat today", there certainly has to be a problem. Back to the GI we go this month and so far she has gained 1 pound in the last 3 months, but most recently lost 1/2 pound. Was she sick? Well yes and no...it was some weird sickness that lasted 3 days and included many sinus type of symptoms instead of sickness ones. Is she getting teeth? Not that I can tell. Do NOT stick your fingers in a Toddler's mouth at this stage...the bruise on my finger from checking still hurts. Is she growing? Well I doubt it, because wouldn't that make you hungry? I mean if you were still growing. So we shall see what the GI has to say and hopefully it doesn't or maybe hopefully it does involve eating therapy or something.
Emery started gymnastics in hopes of getting her more coordinated and better at following directions. I've found most recently that while her grasp of language is above most her age, that her physical development is showing signs of being behind most kids her age. And while I don't want to compare her to anyone, I do worry with her eating and size issue if it is more from the lack of nutrition and calories, verses a developmental stalling. So of course I worry about that. Anyway gymnastics is slowly doing well. It's been two weeks and she seems to enjoy it. I really hope she can learn to follow directions and participate more, because man I'm getting a work out! It's a Mommy and me class and I feel like I am working out more than Emery!
Potty training will be starting this summer. After being told when she "poo poos" more times than none, I really feel it’s getting close to the time of, hey you, sit on the pot and go. Plus diapers are gross. I've seen and cleaned enough poop in the last two years. So we got Emery a potty and a potty seat and will be starting her soon. I am thinking a week of panties and going to the potty every 30 mins will be a good jumping point!
Potty training will be starting this summer. After being told when she "poo poos" more times than none, I really feel it’s getting close to the time of, hey you, sit on the pot and go. Plus diapers are gross. I've seen and cleaned enough poop in the last two years. So we got Emery a potty and a potty seat and will be starting her soon. I am thinking a week of panties and going to the potty every 30 mins will be a good jumping point!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment