Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Mommy, I'm Neeked!

This week Emery unzipped her pajamas and ran around the living room saying...Momma, I'm Neeked! And giggled the whole time. Now while quite funny in the house, I can only imagine what it would be like out in public?! Praying we never find out. We are currently planning all of Emery's 2nd Birthday parties. Can you believe it's been 2 years that this little miracle has been in my arms? I mean after more than 2 years of waiting, wanting, praying and hoping we finally have her and now she's already almost 2. I am just in awe thinking of how blessed we are to have her in our life. In planning 3 parties, a Mom can totally lose her mind. I have a closet full of supplies and presents trapped away. And I still think I need more STUFF. It cannot be this hard every year right? And yes I did say she is having 3 parties AGAIN! You have the party back in Louisiana, the party for her playgroup friends and the party for our close friends here in Texas. Oh wait I didn't even realize that we will also have a celebration on her birthday with just the Mr., me and Emery (oh and Sammy too). She sure is a spoiled little Princess! I cannot wait for the days when I can tell her the how she came to be story and all about her birth. I really need to just put it all down in a book and that way she can have the story forever and always. This year's birthday theme is Alice in Wonderland. The one "Princess" we did NOT meet in Disney world. We were able to see her on a float but never got the chance to meet her. Sad really, since she is Emery's favorite Disney character. We have seen the movie so many times that I can actually recite all the words and sing the songs now. Emery can point out an Alice character from a mile away, including the White Rabbit...and his "clock"! Gymnastics went very well this week. Still not any closer to jumping or hopping, but she is getting better at sitting still and listening. I do not understand though where her "scared"ness has come from...she use to love to be held upside down and spun around. Now anything remotely high or upside down, she clings on for dear life and starts to do this "un un, oh oh, mm, mm" gibberish. Then she will say "I scared" and scratch the living daylights out of whoever is holding her. I really hope this goes away as quickly as it came on! I am getting the house ready for the parties, keeping it clean as possible and also preparing the list for packing for our trip back to New Orleans. You know, I haven't really counted how many flights Emery has taken since she was born. I should do that one day. I am positive once she is no longer a lap child and we have to pay for her tickets to fly, that she will have free round trips and be an A list status member in less than a year! Eating is still a challenge. It is rare she will try something new and if she does it takes everything we have to get her to try it and say she likes it. And even if she does like it, she won't go back to eating it again. She was up a full pound and then came down with a little something and went back down to the weight she was at the last GI appointment. I really am hoping they will send us to a feeding therapy or something. I am going to try to make smoothies this week and she if she will drink those. I hate giving her Pediasure because of all the processed crap in it, but I want her to have adequate nutrition and healthy weight gain. Sometimes the eating and weight issue is so overwhelming that I lose my mind and have to go have a good cry alone. I worry of course that because of the low weight and lack of calories, that maybe that's a reason she doesn't have good muscle tone and a total lack of coordination. She is still not jumping or hopping and falls even when standing still. But of course we can't make that leap until we know if there is really anything wrong with her. Which so far no Doctor thinks there is anything wrong. just that she is small and has a little belly! So I am off...Emery is waking from her beauty nap!

No comments: