Monday, August 18, 2008

Family Gathering and disbursment

There are so few weekends like the ones we've had lately. Family and friends spending time together while being happy and feeling complete.
This weekend was spent enjoying the company of friends who recently had a baby boy. He is adorable and so good. It was a joy to eat a nice resturant and watch him sleep.
Then Auntie D came into town to visit and help her second child move up to college. How quickly she grew this little cousin T of mine. I can remember holding her on the sofa at her parents house when she was just an infant and daydreaming about when she'd be old enough to play with...and now she's old enough to take care of herself.
Then to have the family of Auntie D come up on Sunday to visit and have lunch. I made an awesome pot of Shrimp Etouffe, which I ended up having for lunch today. Man it was good. Nice and creamy with loads of white shrimp. And nice wilted onions and peppers. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. maybe I should make another pot!
But I digress...the weekend was beautiful. Our lovely new furniture arrived early on Sat morning. Boy it was hot and I felt horrible for those men who had to lugg it inside the house and then set it up. But its soooo wonderful. I truly feel like a grown up now...at 32 my first real bedroom set.
Oh what a weekend, when your dancing on the ceiling! LOL

No comments: