A year ago around this time we were just finding out that I was boderline Infertile and that we would have to do IVF in order to have a child. Things were so sad at that time, we had no idea what we were getting into, the cost, the emotional rollercoaster we were going on and mostly what the outcome could be. I will say even though its been rough and things haven't always gone as planned I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. All the pain, blood and tears got us to this beautiful day today...Happy 8 Week "birth" day Emery Ruth! Even as I am sitting here writting this and listening to her start crying in her crib during her nap, I still can't believe we have this little miracle.
In 8 weeks Emery has gone from being our little Thumbalina to a double chin 8 pounder. Everyday she changes and grows bigger and longer. She "talks" from time to time to us, to dolls, to the ceiling fan (her very best friend). We are still working out the Reflux issue and plan on waiting until her 2 month apt with her doctor next week to talk more about it and see if there is anything else we can do to help her be more comfortable. She tries to lift her head, with lots of crying and complaning, during her tummy time, but it still isn't quite there yet. I tried her Bumbo today and she sat in it for about a min and then fussed to get out. Miss Priss loves to fuss...anything makes her fuss..don't put her in a position she doesn't like, swing but not fast, chair but not for long, tummy time, car seat till she wakes up...everything fuss fuss fuss...she even fusses in her sleep.
My 1st Mother's day was wonderful. The Mr took over night duty on Sat night and that helped alot, then I got a bag of goodie snacks and coke, with a beautiful card from him and Emery and a massage gift cert and money to get my nails, toes and hair done. It was wonderful. Then in the afternoon we got to skype with my Family and see my Granny. It was wonderful.
I am hoping in the next couple of weeks that Emery will lift and hold her head up, start to coo and talk more, possibly do some intentional roll overs (never happened again), I'd love for her to smile more and maybe giggle and also get her poop to not hurt her.
A year ago she was just a possibility, today she is real and we love her more than anything in the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment