Monday, May 2, 2011

7 weeks already

Happy 7 weeks to our precious bundle of, ohhh who am I kidding...Happy 7 weeks to our little Monster. While we are currently enjoying some successes we still have not gotten a "full" night's sleep. I know I know, don't rush her, it will come with time. But man I'd love like 8 hours in a row!
Whoever said being a stay at home Mom is easy, lied to the world. There is nothing easy about being a Mom 24 hours a day. The days just don't end, in fact most of them run together. Somedays she will be up an hour to an hour and a half at a time and be content for most of it, then other days she screams. Sometimes she is up for 20 mins and passes out and then wakes up happy or wakes up sad. There is no consitiansy in anything she does. But that's to be expected. She's a baby after all!
We are still during the day on a 3 hour schedule and mostly 3.5 oz at a time for feedings. At night it varies, sometimes she will go 5-6 hours of sleep then others 4 then still others 3. Though it doesn't fail, in the AM she always ends up on my or Hubby's chest for her final hour of sleep. She loves it, we love it, its great bonding time.
Last Friday after poor baby's reflux wasn't better we went back to the Dr and he put her on Zantac. And here we are a few days later and she seems to be doing better but still not great. Her poop...well heres a funny story...the other day she pooped in the tub and the Mr had to catch it! He was grossed out, I was laughing, she was happy she pooped. We cleaned out the tub and started another bath, which didn't go well and she was unhappy, so we rushed it at the end. I can't wait to tell Miss Priss about her pooping in the tub when she is older.
Still no roll over again...booo! I try to teach her while she is having tummy time, along with trying to lift her head while on her tummy. Just gotta keep trying.
Though we are getting some smiles from time to time, nothing consistant but they do come and they are pretty darn cute. I love seeing her dimple and knowing she is happy.
Emery is now 8lbs and 4oz as of Friday. That's my girl gaining weight and she 20 inches long. She finally looks like most newborns. And is slowly fitting into her newborn clothes. She's got short arms like her Daddy, so we roll sleeves up for her. She practically lives in those pajama sacks when we are at home. BEST INVENTION EVER! I must say to first time Mom's...get plenty of these sacks, they are a life saver in the middle of the night when you are half asleep and have to change a baby.
She is still swaddled, if not she wakes herself up with her flying arms and legs. This crazy baby lifts her legs even in the swaddle in her sleep and wakes herself up. I thought about putting a bag of rice on her legs to see if that would help her sleep. Who knows. I know we'd all like to see a full nap during the day. She needs to be soothed at least 4 times during her naps to get in enough sleep. And yes sleep begates sleep!
Things I think every First time Mom needs:
A swing that goes back to front and side to side
A bouncy chair that vibrates and bounces on its own (I wish we had one of these, my arms hurt)
A play mat or kick n play
A bassinett for next to your bed
As many pacifiers as you can get from the hosptial, she doesn't like any other ones
Books, lots of them, you get tired of reading Winne The Pooh
Good swaddling blankets and crappy small swaddling blankets (to make a baby straight jacket)
A video mointer that's portable.
If you are liquid formula feeding a good bottle warmer with a cold storage on it. Awesome for middle of the night.
A sound machine, with the sound of a fan on it.
Something that has lights and projects colored motion...great for diaper changes
A sense of humor
Night time soap and lotion
A bath sponge instead of a baby tub (along with a incliner for the tub. the hosptial gave us this and its WONDERFUL for bath time)
And I guess I could name more but thats what I came up with for now.

Our daughter is beautiful, and loving and is showing a small personality. We can't wait for her to be able to be around our family and friends once she gets her shots and we get the all clear from her Doctors. This should be around the middle of May. Until then, hands off people...we don't need crazy germs infecting our precious bundle of joy. Just kidding, you can totally come and see her and play with her if you don't mind washing your hands and face, gelling yourself up with antibactrial, wearing a facemask and just touching her feet.

No comments: