About infertility, having a baby and raising that little one. Along with some ramblings.
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Step by step...oh baby!
The last week or so Emery has been standing on her own more and letting go. Then she started this past weekend standing up from a crouch position. We are so excited to see her progression. She has also held our finger and done some walking. We started with two hands and then went down to one. Just waddling around the house. Today she stood in her ball pit on her own for a LONG time and I got pictures of it. I was so excited I had to tell everyone! She stood, by herself, no coaching and no help! I am one proud Mom!
Then we had the Drama baby come out in full force this evening at dinner. Flipping herself around in her highchair, crying and stopping, then crying again. Throwing food, squishing food and feeding the dog. She threw her cup and her plate. Fun times. No idea what exactly is up with that. Emery went from the good baby, to the crying, won't sit still, you can't have my toy..no fun little Drama Queen in about 3 weeks. Temper tantrum doesn't even describe how out of control she can get when she gets in her mood. And nothing I do can calm her down, no redirection, no rocking, no hugging...nothing. Basically you just have to let her do it and wait it out then after about 5 mins you can give her something else and she will stop.
Her words are moving right along. She started using the sign for Play, not sure if she knows what it means or if she just likes it, but I'll take it. She loves the sign for baby and for together, so she does those often. If you ask her if she's hungry she signs eat and while you are eating she will point at something and sign more to tell you she wants it.
She started saying bubble, balloon and ball...then car..vroom!
And then tonight as the Darling Mr and I were sitting on the floor with Em getting ready to put her to bed she stood up and while holding a ball...and then we said "Walk" and she did it, she took two steps! And then she did it again, two more steps. After that she gave up and was laying down on Daddy and Mommy...time for bed. That must have worn her out!
My little infant is becoming a Toddler!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment