Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Still NO Walking!

It feels like it has been months of Emmie standing and cruising along furniture. She uses her toys as "walkers" and practically runs behind them. But walking or standing on her own??? NOOOO - nothing - nada! I know I know, do I really want her to walk? She isn't behind in anything, not even walking yet. But geeze! The child didn't want to sit once she knew how to do that. She has always wanted to stand. It's driving me NUTS I tell ya. I was totally hoping she would be at least bobble walking by the time we get to the beach at the end of the month. When the Darling hubby and I put her between the two of us and stand her using just our fingers, she will practically nose dive into the other person. No walking, no standing...I mean full fledge DIVE, head first into the other person's lap! Oh well, on to other things, I mean she can open a cabinet and take out ALL of the Tupperware and stack it back up. That must be a milestone too right? This past weekend we (the Mr. and I) finally got up in the attic to do some organization and some filtering. It was like walking through a Hoarders house (I really need to not watch this show anymore). But now after sweating off at least 10 lbs in the attic on an 80 degree day, we have done it. Everything has a place and the stuff that was thrown up there for no good reason is off to the donation center! You can actually walk up there! While filtering we were stacking baby boxes, toys and other baby goods. I feel like the last year went by slowly but then looking at the boxes I realized it went a lot faster than I remembered. All of Emery's Preemie clothes are packed away; her swing bagged up and laid on its side. Keeping it all for a "in case we have another baby" one day. How long do you keep it? It got me to thinking about another baby. One we should be having or had already. Those sad feelings of something missing. Or is it all a plan so that we know we can have another baby? I am not sure but I do know the sadness comes and goes now instead of lingering all the time. What has Emery been up too? Well she is learning new words and new signs. She is also learning how to whine to TRY to get her way. But we won't give in! (shhh I give in often, I can't help it...do you know how cute she is?) This weekend she started saying "bubble" over and over! It's hysterical. She loves her books and flashcards, even though she is trying her best to tear them apart. She will hand you a book and help you turn the pages (really fast) and want you to read it over and over to her. She loves Where is Spot, where you pick up the paper in the book to look for Spot the dog. She shakes her head no at the pictures until you find Spot. Then says...ennnddd. And start over. She also says "chank u" for Thank you. Still not eating much meat or veggies...but I keep trying. Lord knows I don't want her to be anything like me when it comes to eating habits!

3 comments:

dany said...

hi! i'm so with you on much of this - whining (or in ruby's case, it's a full-fledged freak out) if she doesn't get her way, no walking, and starting to sign some, too! (even if her "more" sign does look like the sign for "time-out". lol) growing so quick i can barely keep up! oh, AND the organization stuff - funny how finally after a year of having ruby, i am feeling like i have a handle on things enough to tackle the organizational jobs i've put off b/c raising a kid is crazy work!! lol :)

Mrs. said...

Totally! That is exactly what I was thinking. I finally have this down now I can actually keep up!

Anonymous said...

First kid finally took a step at exactly 14 months. 30 years later he's still walking like a champ. :)

In retrospect, it did seem to foreshadow kind of a careful personality. He's not one to take big chances in life.

Laura