About infertility, having a baby and raising that little one. Along with some ramblings.
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Eating just not so healthy!
Since our visit to the GI we were sent off to a Dietician to find out what to do so we can help Emery with weight gain. We are shooting for 800-900 calories a day to help her gain weight and catch up. Slowly she is getting better with eating. It's not an easy job as a parent to watch your child not eat and then have no idea on how to fix the situation. Emery is now allowing us to put food into her mouth but still refuses a lot of meats and mixed foods. Textures and complex flavors are not her favorite. She does not just eat because she is hungry. You have to constantly remind her to eat or put it in her mouth. However we have been supplementing with caloric drinks and fast food. Yes icky fast food. But if I can get in the calories I am doing whatever I can. Today I tried ice cream mixed with Oreos. She took a few bites but didn't want more, however she wanted to eat french fries...so I let her!
I never realized how hard some things would be with having a child. I know I am not the only one that feels like there is just never enough time to spend with them, you cannot teach them enough and that you can love all you want but you still want to give more of yourself to them, then you even have to offer.
Emery is slowly starting to put two and three words together. She says things like "I stuck" "Daddy work" "Sammy no, get" and she realizes that things need to be cleaned up and that flowers can be picked and sniffed!
She loves to play "side" outside as often as possible and still doesn't like school when I drop her off. Though I am getting more and more use to her being away for the day. She is learning her colors and her letters and numbers too. While they aren't all in order she is learning that there are songs and how to count things.
We are anticipating our upcoming trips back home to Louisiana to see our family and then the holidays! And after that we are taking our Princess home to her Castle at Disney!
I sure hope things with Emery's eating get better soon and that she catches up to her growth curve. I think even I am tired of worrying about her weight and what she puts in her mouth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment