Tuesday, September 10, 2013

1st Day of PREK 2

After months of talking about school, crying that she couldn't go to school and basically begging every time we drove by school...it happened, SCHOOL STARTED! Emery woke up happy and so ready to go. She couldn't wait to get her "pack-pack" and put it in the car. She could barely stay still and ate three bites of breakfast before we left the house. When we arrived she ran straight to the door and was rushing over kids to get inside the classroom. Not a kiss goodbye, not a hug, not even a small whine...nothing. I took dozens of pictures and tried my best to wave goodbye without a sad look on my face. Emery just smiled and turned to play. This was so unlike last year when she cried because they had to take her away from her Mommy! After a day of Mommy fun, lunch out with girls and getting my eyebrows waxed (man there was some major hair ripping today! It's been too long) I drove over to pick Miss Priss up. She was not ready to leave, she wanted to stay with her friends and her teachers. She had way too much fun today. In the car on the way home she sang songs, told me all about the Letter A (it's for apple in case you didn't know) and how she played on the playground. I guess to say she enjoyed it, is saying too little. She LOVES it...I know I know, for NOW. Since we got home she hasn't stopped talking. I am so happy for her. Did I mention she went Tee-tee on the potty 3 times today???!!! Whooo Hoooo!!

No comments: