This past lovely weekend I went up in the attic while Mr. was out car shopping. I wanted the fall decoarations down and thought it was no big deal. I've done this many times before and the box is very light and so is the wreath. I got it all together and put it at the top of the stairs. As I was getting ready to get down (OH I must write the story about the words Get Down another time) I was on the small edge to the left with one foot, Reached to the right with my hand to grab the two by four to steady myself and reached down with my other foot to step on the stairs. And thats when it happened! My toes slipped (yes I was doing this with no shoes on and in my pjs), my foot was dangling, I was in a split with one leg on the ledge in the attic, my arm stretched as far as it would go and my body convlusing with fear. As I dangled I imagined falling and hitting my head and landing like Goldie Hawn in Death Becomes her, all broken and backwards.
I finally composed myself and got my foot on the ladder and layed against it, still in a split while I stopped shaking. Grabbed the wreath went down and went back up and got the box. I really wanted to decorate. And closed up the attic stairs.
I promise to never go in the attic alone again.
But my door and my house look like fall now!
No comments:
Post a Comment