Monday, August 29, 2011

24 weeks


This week not much has changed. Emery has started trying to do more "crunches". Its like she wants to sit up but can't figure out how.
Today was weird. She was being held by a friend of ours and started crying and didn't stop until I took her back. She never does that. She usually loves people.
Emmie is chewing on her Ell-E-Phont alot, but there is nothing that shows teeth are coming through. So who knows?
But we are so still so truly blessed. She is a great sleeper and eater. She loves green beans and peas and doesn't really like pears or prunes much. As soon as she starts sitting up I will start to give her pieces of real food to gnaw on! We will try to introduce meats soon and banannans too. Though I heard bananas can stop her up. So I am not sure how soon I want to try those. Funny thing is...I hate bananas, the smell makes me gag. Ugh! How am I suppose to feed her something I can't stand the smell of?
Have I mentioned...we have the most beautiful baby ever??? People stop us when we are out and tell us how beautiful she is...everyone says she looks like a real live doll. And I don't know if its Mom's eyes or not, but she really is pretty. Gerber baby has nothing on my baby.
Her eyes are still light...please let them stay that way. And she still checks out everything...she is just amazed by anything new.
Ohhhh...she started sort of jumping in her jumper this week. Which is super cute. She loves that thing. I wish I had more door frames so I could move it around the house.
When she eats she goes ... mummm mummm mummm. Its so funny.
And my hubby is about the best Dad in the whole world. I think he loves Emery as much as I do. He is willing to do anything for her at anytime. Including waking up to give her the paci in the middle of the night or early morning. He is amazing and I am so glad he is ours. I can't imagine my life without him.
Lastly...today is 6 years since Hurricane Katrina hit my hometown of New Orleans. Oh how my life has changed. I thought I lost everything, including my "life"...but after many years and moving and growing I have realized that Hurricane Katrina wasn't bad for me, in fact it lead me to exactly where I wanted to be anyway!

No comments: