Thursday, April 26, 2012

Closet from HELL and Worst Mother in the World

Today I finally decided to tackle the (dah dah dahhhhh) "closet from hell"! Now let me start by saying, I am not a horder, I do not like a mess, I am very organized, everything has its place in our home. And now...this closet has been our Catch All for years. It's in the guest room and we just put stuff in there and close it. And since my near death experience in the attic I am no longer allowed up there, so I just put it in the closet until the Mr. can get it in the attic. Then I forget about it! Ahhh! So here is the before (please don't scream and don't send the show Hoarders to my home).
Oh my Gawd! What the heck...how will I ever get through this??? I even thought about closing the door and running to the nearest outlet mall with a friend just to avoid it! But I didn't and I cleaned and organized it. It took two hours. And I found stuff that could go in boxes and go in the attic (which is now in my garage packed up all nice and neat for the Mr. to get to it this weekend, while he organizes the attic before I freak out because it's a MESS! So while I was doing the organization of the now wonderful closet where Guests can actually hang their clothes, my Darling little daughter decided it was time to stink up her diaper. But I didn't realize she did it while I was buried under years of who knows what and tissue paper. So finally when I was done I found her (under a pile of blankets and pillows ... NOT REALLY people, but behind it!) and that's when I realized she was STINKY! Oh no..so I rush to change her, and so now I am guessing by the blood curdling screams and red rear end that it's been there a while and given her Diaper Rash! It was like a horror movie. I was crying, she was screaming and the red was blaring at me. I had just become the Worst Mother In the World! I allowed my child to sit in her nastiness and get a rash. I feel awful. So after I washed her down and slathered diaper rash cream all over and holding her and crying with her, I finally gathered myself and her and kept apologizing and put her down for a nap. She must have tired herself out, cause BAMN! She was out like a light! And now my closet it clean so I will never miss my daughter's stinkyness again.
To the left is all our blankets and pillows and to the right is all the gift wrapping, up top is Misc and games. It's wonderful! I have two HUGE bags of trash and lots of stuff to give to the local charity place. So I feel a little better and I have stopped crying. Now I want to clean something else...well maybe I should eat and go shopping first!

No comments: