Friday, April 15, 2011

1 month old...already


I can't believe its been a month since our little miracle was born. Emery is growing up slowly but surely. I can't feel when I hold her (and I hold her alot, she perfers to be held often) that she is gaining weight. My arm is starting to feel tighter! Good work out holding and burping and bouncing a baby.
In the past month we've had good days and bad days, good sleep and bad sleep, good eating and not so great eating...but wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!
What Emery has been up to this month..
She is slowly becoming less crying and more content awake time
Loves the swing in the backyard in the late afternoons
Adores being naked on the carpet in the bathroom for Bath time. She can lay there for an hour and just be happy. Then the bath, she loves the warm water and having both Mommy and Daddy doting on her during her time in the bath.
While tummy time is not her favorite, yesterday on her 1 month birthday, she actually lifted her head straight up and then turned from her tummy to her back..TWICE! I was so proud I had to call her Dad and tell him.
Nap time, well this one is tough..she will start to fall asleep and so we put her down and then she wakes up two or three times, screaming, and we have to soothe her back to sleep to have a complete nap.
Her favorite "toys" range from day to day. Sometimes its her swing, sometimes her bouncy chair, sometimes her pacifier, most times its Mommy.
Emery LOVES to hear her Daddy's voice, when she hears it she usally stops whats she's doing and just stares. I think she is going to be a major Daddy's girl!
We are still on "house arrest" until she goes back to the Dr. on May 17th. The Mr. is going with us because Mommy is a needle phobe and so there is no way I can be alone with her getting her 1st sets of shots. Poor baby girl. I am dreading this day but anticipating it because then we will know if everything is ok and that she is big enough and healthy enough to go out and be touched and loved on by our family and friends! We can't wait to get her out and introduce her to the world!
During the day and wake time, Emery and I dance to songs I grew up with, play on the blanket on the floor for tummy time, read stories, swing outside and sometimes we will take a ride somewhere (but she is covered up if we get out the car so no one can see her).
Next week we have another apt for her ear, hoping that we get the news that we are close to end with her EarWell ear piece. We are so ready to have that off for her!
I think that's it for this post. Long but well worth it to document Emery's life.

No comments: