Let's get to the good stuff...what happened in the last week with our baby girl!
On Wed. she coo'd for the 1st time, now it hasn't happened since and it was only once but whoo hoo...we have progress.
Emery is not always happy about tummy time but she is moving her little legs all around (Mr calls her his little inchworm) and she lifts her head and moves it from side to side. She does hold her head up when you sit her up for a min or so.
And can we say, we have gotten another hour of sleep in. Sat night for the 1st time we went 4 hours between feedings. Now she isn't staying completly asleep, she moves and makes noise and cries, and Mommy picks her up and lays her on my chest and then she sleeps better. But we are getting into a better routine. So here is what we have, during the day its about 2.5-3 hours between feedings. She wakes up, eats all but about an oz to 1/2 oz of her bottle, stays awake (has a little tummy time or a swing in the backyard, or time in her chair looking around) we get a bit of fussiness here and there (and boy can this girl shriek when she isn't happy)and then she gets a little cranky again so I give her the rest of the bottle and she calms down gets sleepy and is put down in her crib. She typically gets 2 hours of sleep at a time during the day, although today its been 1.5 hours. Time is a changing!
Ohhh and bath time, Emery LOVES a nice warm bath, and for some reason the bathroom itself is soothing to her. She will not fuss on the bath rug on her tummy, gets neeked and then floats in the tub for a bit. We have her on a sponge with a incline piece under it. She hates being taken out and will let you know with a scream, till you wrap her up in her towel and get her close to where the heater is.
Emery's ear is forming very well according to the Dr. She got a new ear piece this week and still has about 4-6 weeks left of it getting its shape corrected. I know she is ready to have it off and we are ready for that too. When she realizes its there she tugs at it. And it can't get wet so we have to keep her head to the other side all the time.
Some of my favorite moments have been: when i put my nose to her mouth she gums my nose, its like her little kiss. When she "smiles" (its gas I know she has no idea she is doing it) and we get to see her dimple (a dimple, I thought the Dr messed up and gave me the wrong baby, but come to find out the Mr's Grandmother had dimples and one of his sisters' has dimples so its the right kid). When she catches my eye and actually looks at me. Knowing my smell calms her.
We got out the house this week and the Mr got more plants for the gardens. He is doing such a great job with the outside of our house. We even have a small veggie and herb garden going. I am so proud of him. Even though he wants me to help, knowing I may kill everything just by touching the plants!
I made an awesome crawfish etouffee this weekend. I finally am starting to cook again...now if I could just get the house clean! I will get there I know. Right now just getting a shower is an achievement...and a bath, that's a luxuery.
I can't believe tomorrow we will have had our little miracle out of Momma's tummy for 4 weeks and that later this week she will be a month old. Emery is beautiful and I can't wait to see what her personality will be like, and what color eyes she will have and just to be a part of her life.
I am doing ok, still a little sore from the csection. Its only the interior part that hurts and its not a steady pain but occassional. I am tired, but that's from lack of sleep. I don't have a lot of time for friends and family and talking on the phone. I try my best to keep up with my facebook (so that everyone knows what's going on) and this blog once a week. If I have time to do it on my phone I will update that way also. I know this is all going to get better and easier as she gets older. I can't wait to be release by Emery's Dr so we can go out and see our family and friends and introduce her to the world!
1 comment:
I love reading your blog! It always gives me big smiles...even on the worst days! I am still so very happy for the four of you. You are such a good mommy!
Post a Comment