Well the IVF class was interesting, informative and scary! I mean I did all the research, I understand the risks, but seeing everything there and being told straight from the Dr.'s mouth was alot to digest.
The class started late, I hate being late and cannot stand things starting late its a huge pet peeve of mine, so we were behind to begin with which made me anxious. There was about 20 couples in this class (wholly cow those Drs are making some mooola!) Some were older than us but most were near our age group. It kind of made me feel slightly better to know I am not the only one who is "weird" in the baby making department. So this nurse (a male nurse) comes in and takes through a bunch of slides and pictures and tells us all the steps that go into making a baby in a dish. Then he goes on to tell us about the big long hollow needle that will penetrate me and suck my follicles out. Ummm...ouch, yes yes I'll be asleep but I can just imagine what my body is going to go thru. But hey I get a day of bed rest after that one. Then five days of people watching my eggs grow into blycosts (aka babies, maybe) and then boom they are put back in me to allow Mother Nature to hopefully do her job and allow them to grow.
I am scared, nervous, excited, moody and just plain feeling weird. I am not a needle person, so the past few months of injections have not been a good time for me...I am sure my hubby enjoys stabbing me though, probaly gets some of his vented up anger out.
I am mostly just ready for this to be over. Yep instant gratification girl here! I just want to know if its going to work or not. (its going to work, it has to work)
Afterwards we went down to the ARTS center (not the cool kind where there is paintings and photos and randomly strange sculptures. Its the Assisted reproductive something or the other) and signed up for IVF protocol.
Here to hoping that it all falls into place. Our first baseline appointment is May 24, our two year wedding anniversary (a possible sign?). There we will get our ducks in a row and find out about our meds schedule. (oh another sign..meds being delivered on Mr's Birthday?)
Afterwards the Mr and I went to a great Seafood Restaurant in a little town nearby. It so reminded me of a place called Fitzgerald's in New Orleans that was on the lake when I was a kid. I loved that place and this place really made us feel like we were home. Good find! The General Manager came over because he didn't recognize us and gave us a key lime pie on the house and asked us to come back. What a cute place, we were the youngest people there, but the waiters new everyone seated and what they liked to drink and eat. LOVE LOVE and cannot wait to go back. I even had two glasses of red red wine...Mr was laughing at me cause I never drink that much.
So in the end, here it is...still too early to do anything but wait. I am trying to have some patience. Going to Yoga. And living life as it comes. Oh and trying not to stress out at work, easier said than done.
No comments:
Post a Comment