03/17/2011 Happy St. Patrick's Day world. Emery and I are being released from the hospital. Oh my..now we get to take care of her on our own. No baby nursery, no help no 3 meals and snacks whenever we want them anymore!
We drove home SLOWLY. Watching every person near us. Baby did great, even though at 5lbs 2 oz she barely fits in her car seat! LOL! She looks like Thumbalina. She is so tiny and full term to boot. I am guessing tiny girl for a long time. She fits in none of her newborn clothes. So everything just hangs on her for now.
Got home and introduced Sammy the Wondermutt to the baby. He licked her once and then smelled her alot. He is already pacing all the time when she makes noises and wants to see in her bed to make sure she is ok. I love that dog!
1st night goes ok. Baby doesnt nurse well, she doesn't like to latch so I do alot of pumping. I want her to get as much breast milk as possible. Even if I have to give her formula soon I want her to have what I can offer now, even if its thru a bottle!
Friday and Daddy has to go to work for the 1st time. Poor Mr. he looked so sad leaving her this morning. And he's texted about her already. I am guessing he is going to come home early to be with his baby girl.
Friday has been a rough day for baby. She hasn't slept much and has been doing alot of crying. Mommy hasn't slept much either. I haven't cried yet but I am sure that's coming soon.
My surgery hurts but I deal with the pain well. I try not to take pain meds just because I want to be aleart and ready if Emery needs me.
Gosh I am so tired.
Yes we are those people that take pictures of everything she does, every moves she makes and all her facical expressions.
5 comments:
I bet you could find a local lactation consultant that could help you. There are always little tricks and tips and they usually know what's going on and what you need to do just by watching you try just one time. You could also check out the La Leche League's website (http://www.llli.org/resources.html) You might be able to find some help there. I had a book published by them when Christina was a baby and found it quite helpful.
I am still so happy for the four of you!
It's totally a first-time parent thing. AC is 2 and we have 12Gigs of pictures of her. Hehe
If I can do this, You can do it with your eyes closed! :)
Love you and don't be afraid to let it out if you have to. It'll pass and you'll get into the swing of things. Honestly, in about 6 months or so you're going to look back and think to yourself, "why on earth did I think that was so hard?!" LOTS of hugs and love to the 4 of you! ;)
That last one was supposed to be from Me. Didn't realize I was signed in as Ryan. :/ Oops.
Love ya!
Danielle
do we get to see a picture of your precious little miracle?
AM SO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!!!
KIM & CHAD
Post a Comment