Emery's 2 week apointment went pretty good. She is now 6lbs and 19.25 inches. Growing like a weed, yet still smaller than the average newborn. She had to have her foot pricked and blood test done for the State. Poor baby her newly found volcal cords pierced the entire Dr's office.
We are trying the "babywise" method, though I don't think its working...or just not working fast enough. Plus I don't think I stick to it well enough. I just can't stand to hear her cry. Poor baby, she isn't old enough to cry it out. So I pick her up and give her all of my love. Last night was spent just letting her sleep on my chest all night. Yep I am a sucker. But I love her!
We think she may be going thru a small growth spurt. She is eating about 2 oz every 2-3 hours. Staying awake for about 15 mins, then she passes out and sleeps for about 1.5-2.5 hours. I am so ready for the 5 hour mark...but for now I am just doing what needs to be done...as the Dr says, Survival Mode!
The Darling Mr is sleeping in the guest room so that he can function at work. Last week he woke up in the middle of the night and from lack of sleep was freaking out thinking Emery was at the foot of the bed. While funny now that we look back, wasn't so funny when he could barely function. Sleep deprevation is a form of tourture!
We also had our first taste of major spit up..Emery decided to eat a little too much food and bam it all came out.
The topic of discussion around out house revolves around food, poop and baby.
The best thing about our friends is the amount of support they have offered. We have so many great friends and are so thankful for them all. we've had dinner brought to us nearly every night and its all so good. Plus emails and phone calls just to see how we are, offer advise and offer help. Thank you to all of our friends.
So this blog post seems to be all over the place now that I try to read back over it. The joys of a 2 week old.
No comments:
Post a Comment