This week has flow by and I now understand why Mothers' say take it slow and enjoy it goes by so fast.
So one week has gone by and here is the updates.
Emery has gained back 4 oz and is close to being back to her original weight.
She still doesn't fit in regular newborn clothes..that's probally a good thing, cause now she can wear them longer! We recieved from my Mom a couple of premie outfits so she is good for now. Mostly she wears baby sacks and tee shirts anyway.
Her bilirubin (Jaundice test) came back clear she has beautiful skin and doesn't show any signs of jaundice.
Emie is a good baby. She sleeps pretty well, though we have had a bad night here and there. That is frustrating without sleep and she seems so miserable. Its hard on Mommy and Daddy to see her so upset. We hate to see her cry and be uncomfortable.
We've had a few issues with breast feeding so I pump when she doesn't take and then I have bottles for those times also. She is good with either, but find she sleeps much better without the bottles.
We are those people who take thousands of pictures and send them to our family and friends. Emery is all we can talk about and be all about.
She still hasn't been around many people, of course I am scared, she hasn't had her shots and is sooo tiny at 5lbs 6 oz. I don't want her to get sick.
I check on her all the time when she is sleeping just to make sure she is breathing and comfortable. Yep I am a freak! Or overly cautious Mommy.
Tomorrow will be Em and I's first day at home alone together. I am scared but happy all at the same time.
I guess its time to change the title of my blog...as someone pointed out..I have hatched and have a miracle in my arms.
No comments:
Post a Comment