Last week at the Baby's Doctor visit, the Dr said that her ear needed to be looked at by a professional. And after much research and two Drs confirming we have found that our perfect little miracle has a small problem with her ear. It did not form properly in the womb. It is very minor but needs to have a Plastic device to help her ear reform. She has "lidding with incomplete formation of the superior limb of the triangular fossa". Basically the top of her ear is folded down and slightly pointy.
So after much crying and lots more money we have gotten her an ear molding device and it was put on today by a local cosmetic doctor. I cried, hard...of course as a Mother you think, what did I do, was it those days I missed my vitamins (feeling sick), was it because I kept working, kept moving, ate that hot dog? No Mother can not question what she may have done wrong in order for something to happen to their little baby.
The Dr said it is typically genetic. Humm I wonder who in my family has funny looking ears? In the darling Mr's family? I guess we will never know because it could have been generations ago.
I can't stand the way this big plastic thing looks on my little gourgous baby. I don't want pictures of her with this thing on and I don't want anyone to see her. I feel awful for my baby. Course at the sametime I know it could be so much worse and so much harder and I shouldn't worry about it, no one makes fun of an infant right?
We did this because in the future I do not want her self esteem to ever faulter over something I could fix and I don't want anyone to ever make fun of her for something so minor. So its done, we started it, it will be on for at least 5 weeks possibly 8 weeks.
I love my baby more than anything in the whole world and would do anything to make her life better and easier for her in her future.
No comments:
Post a Comment