Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Peanut Butter

(time to clean the floor for the second time today) Slowly we are transiting over to organic and whole foods. The reason I want to do this is because I want to try and get rid of some of the bad stuff we eat. With that being said, not all organic food is good for you. Case in point, I LOVE Pirates Booty like can eat a whole bag of it. Yes it’s organic, yes it’s better than chips...but no eating a whole bag at one sitting is NOT good for you, even though it taste like heaven. So we are starting...milk (check), peanut butter (check)...wait peanut butter? So for two years I've been buying Jiff Simply. Because it has like 5 ingredients and no hyped up (its still good for you?) corn syrup (I don't believe it’s good for you). I thought I was doing well, UNTIL I did some reading. Nope, still has sugar and salt in it and if you are eating a jar of it every two weeks, probably not the best for your baby. So this week we finished off the Jiff jar and had organic roasted peanuts ground up into a creamy peanut "butter". No salt, no sugar, no honey...NOTHING, just yummy roasted peanuts. It's DELISHOUS! Wow who knew peanut butter could taste this Pea-nutty? Even the dog is begging for more. And now that I have an awesome bread machine (thank you to my AMAZING brother) I am making my own homemade bread. After we finish with the flours we have in the cabinet I will go to organic whole wheat (we LOVE whole wheat bread and I got a great 5 ingredient recipe that is AMAZING). So there you have it. The house that is slowly in transition to better eating! Now if only I could learn to like more fruits and vegetables.

No comments: