
(She does eat Ice Cream if offered)
Miss Emery goes through periods of eating anything you offer her to eating near to nothing at all. It's totally freaking me out. One day she will love carrots and then the next she is hurling them across the room or squishing them and offering them to the dog. She barely eats any meats, but will suck down some shrimp like its going out of style. For months she adored veggies, then all of a sudden you would have thought we were offering her bits of dirt.
Recently she started liking those pouches of baby food that has the fruit and veggie puree in them but you can let them suck the stuff out like a straw. I've been getting the organic ones with the thinking that at least if she isn't eating it at meal times she is getting in the nutrition. Seems to be working and Miss Priss is getting a small Budda Belly!
This morning after breakfast I was looking at her plate and the floor and wondered if she even ate anything besides the wholewheat waffle with peanut butter on it? I mean there is still most of the banana left and pieces of her mango. The mango that just last night at dinner she was signing MORE MORE MORE over and over for more of it.
Sometimes it gets very frustrating to make sure she is getting in what she needs and I and her Dad are not allowing her to have junk or establish bad eating habits. One of the main reasons is that I am the world's pickiest eater. Seriously, I eat 1 fruit (apples and only certian kinds) and very few vegetables (maybe like 5). However strangely enough I do eat sushi, crawfish and some other "weird" food. I have texture and taste sensitivity issues. And if I don't like something (I will try it) but I won't try it again, then I won't eat it, ever. I eat lots of junk style food because I have to eat and sometimes its the only thing I like. I will also go days where there is only one food that I like and want to eat. Oddly enough I am still very healthy and slim. I have no closterol issues, a happy heart and no sinus issues. Anyway...I really want Em to eat good food and I enjoy cooking and buying good stuff for her and her Daddy who will eat anything!
So we keep trying, anytime I can get her to eat something new I will feed it to her until she doesn't want it anymore. But I keep trying, I keep offering, hoping and praying that one day she will want what she loved once before!
No comments:
Post a Comment