Since our family is so spread out I was asked to give how we found out the good news and our reactions. So here is the story...
After saying for days I was not going to pee on a stick, well it got the best of me and while Mr was out taking a walk with the most amazing Wondermutt, I ran to the local drug store and got some tests. He has no idea. I am so mean! I ran inside without saying hello (this was at like 7 at night) and went and did the digital HPT. Now here is the part that freaked me out. I barely had time to put the cap back on when it said PREGNANT. I walked fast the living room with a huge smile on my face and showed it to Mr. At this point Mr. being as skeptical as he is, said could that be right? Did the Dr say it was ok to do this? Could it be wrong? Is it the meds? So we researched it on the Wide world web and it looked promising, but we didn't get our hopes too far up cause it was 7dp5dt.We could say we were just happy to see the word pregnant for our first positive pregnancy test! I went into our bedroom where I had been keeping a gift for him since we first started trying. It was a small glass Penguin with a baby with the explanation once the Mom has the egg the Daddy Penguin keeps the egg till it hatches and keeps the baby in his legs on his feet. He really liked it and was reallly happy.
The next day Wednesday 8dp5dt we both went thru work all nervous and happy but scared just really not knowing what to feel. I ran home after work and took another test, this time one of the ones that just gives a plus or minus and bam...it was a big fast plus. Still cautiously optimistic but much happier.
Thursday 9dp5dt I went to the Dr office at 8:15AM and had my blood drawn. The nurse who I like at the office said, so did you do a HPT and I shook my head yes and she goes AND?? I said it was positive but we don't believe it. She is all "girl you are so pregnant, give me hug. I was waiting to hear this about y'all." I was all this is so awesome. Then at 3:45 she called to say, well hun the test doesn't lie, your beta looks great its 152 you are pregnant. Your estrogen looks good so stop on those meds, your progesterone looks good but we are going to keep you on for a while.
I ran to the conference room to call Mr. and said well we are pregnant and he goes "good first hurdle down". He is not one to show too much emotion. but the penguin now sits on his nightstand!
So thats it. Its been a long ride to get here and we are still very nervous about the bebe making it. So we are trying to just stay happy and positive and hope for the very best. At least one baby or two!
No comments:
Post a Comment