Last Wed we came home to a broken AC. Lovely in not only 100 degree Dallas weather but also we had five of my family members coming into town. Warranty company is so not fun. At one point we were told we'd have to wait 48 hours before anyone would even come look at it. But the Darling Mr. worked it out by telling them all about my wonderful daily set of shots and the medical necessity of needing AC to make a baby. Though it took 6 days we eventually today got the AC. During this time we had small window AC units we bought and spent alot of time out the house with the family. And they were all good sports about it. I know it was pretty hot in the rooms, I feel for them. But I did spend alot of time with them and now that they are all gone I miss them tons! Three cousins and my brother and his wife. I think everyone ended up with nicknames over the course of the weekend and there was a lot of talk about What What in the Butt! You Tube it, you'll get a laugh.
So during the turbulent times with no AC there was alot the daily three doses of shots. Which as the days have gone on and the areas have gotten tender, have gotten to be very not so great to have injected into me. But we did it, we prevailed, and now today I was told we have 15 follicles all about 17-18 mm and so tonight we Trigger! That last shot didn't hurt so bad, I think it was just knowing it was the last one that made it easier.
I can't say the same for my poor veins in my arms. All this blood work has left me black and blue.
So Thursday is the first of two big days. 06/24 Retrieval day. Its when I will actually finally hatch! I will be put under early around 6:30AM and a long needle will go "up in there" and extract all the eggs they can find and get out. It seems pretty cool, too bad I'll be asleep I think I'd like to watch it, without feeling any pain ya know? Then bed rest for a few days, whoop whoop!
Next big day will be likely Tuesday noonish. They will put our beautiful little embryos back inside and hopefully my body will give them a nice little home to attach too.
Yes I am nervous, not just about being put under, the pain but mostly will it work? Will we finally be parents?
So here it is...just one short week, then two weeks of waiting to know...
No comments:
Post a Comment